Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Monday 19 March 2012

Resulting in...

What a day! After another awful night sleep, of fits and pain resulting in a dopey morning; resulting in injury, resulting in more pain, resulting in a two hour visit to A&E!

I bashed my elbow on our door on the way out to work, not overly aware of what I had done and hubby making me aware of the 'crack' he heard. Oh and then the pain! But soldiering on as I do. Hi! Ho! Off to work I go! Didn't have much of a productive morning and after much nagging from my colleagues to go and get my arm checked; hubby took me to A&E. By this time from keeping my arm still I had gone stiff too! I also had a rheumataology appointment at 4.15 so when I still hadn't been seen at 3.45 I went to the desk which pushed them along. The Dr said it was broken as I could move it (so could my nephew but his was broken) and he wouldn't xray due to us trying to conceive.

So I was in time for my appointment not that it mattered as I wasn't see until 5pm. The result came back wasn't exactly Lupus, it was something which was indicated in the Lupus tests. APS - antiphospholipid syndrome easy to understand as sticky blood. Dr C my normal consultant was in agreement that this wasn't something which could have been left until my appointment in June and needed re-testing straight away to check it wasn't a false positive; it could also explain the fits. Dr C thinks it is important to get this checked and if necessary diagnosed and treated ASAP as it can cause miscarriages. It was as much as I could do not to burst into tears when he started to say this; as if this isn't challenging enough already. So leaflet in hand and blood forms I went to yet another waiting room to get my bloods taken. Began to read and promptly stopped reading the leaflet. I think I will just wait for the results. Dr C thinks an MRI should be done in regards to this and the fits too!

I came home and got ready to update you guys and came across some sad news my friend who is also trying to conceive has miscarried, my heart goes out to her and her husband; I just hope this doesn't make them give up.

1 comment:

  1. You and your arm! I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis - it might not make plain sailing for ttc but do not give up hope - you know from having arthritis that we sometimes have to take different paths when obstacles are put in our way but it is not insurmountable so persevere. We are not going to give up so keep reading the blog! x

    ReplyDelete