Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Whats in a stick??

Its funny how big everywhere can suddenly seem when you are in so much pain, the shortest of walks take it out of you. Just walking from my desk to the bin, but is it in some part because I feel every one is watching me too; after all I'm 25 and relying heavily on a walking stick currently. I cant make out what the looks are, are people feeling sorry for me or do they no longer know what to say to me??? Yes I'm in pain about 120% of my day at the moment but I just want to get on as best as I can, I'm still me! Feel sympathetic that I have to deal with this horrible disease everyday but dont pity me I'm still lucky, I have an amazing family and wonderful friends - there are so many people worse of than me and I'm sure they wouldnt want pity either. All we really cry out for is a bit of support and understanding.
Arthritis is difficult for anyone to understand who hasnt experienced it themselves and for those of you who havent experienced it, I hope you never have to. So heres to my bright purple stick which is my support when no one else can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment