Introduction

Hi, Thanks for viewing my blog. It lets me have a rant and I may even help someone along the way. Got the idea to do a blog following using an Arthritis Forum for the first time at www.arthritiscare.org.uk

I suffer from Psoriatic Arthritis which is very demanding in all aspects of my life and this is my story on how I deal with it on a day to day basis.

I have been spending lots of time recently researching arthritis and pregnancy, there isnt loads of information out there and the most helpful thing i have found to date is forums and hearing other peoples story. This just confirms to me why I am 'blogging', if someone like me wants to know they are not on their own.

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Is it Friday?

Ok so i'm not yet back on full hours at work yet it feels like I have already worked a whole week and still got 3 days to go. I'm completly exhausted but have to force myself to keep going. I considered a nap this afternoon when I got home but if I was to do that it would mean I wouldnt sleep tonight when I need to; it would be a vicious circle and I'd have the same problem tomorrow. Instead I painstakingly peeled the potatoes in preparation for dinner and sat down to watch a film and do my usual bits on the laptop. Keeping the heating off so it doesnt send me to sleep being hot - OMG! Winter is certainly here.

There is so much hype about twitter so I set an account up however no idea what its all about really. Whats all the @'s and #'s all about?? I wanted an account to help spread the word about my blog as I am eager to get it out there to try and encourage others in the same position to do everything they want to do in life no matter how much of a struggle it is or how tiring things can be.

To anyone taking them time to read this, thank you, I hope you enjoy my regular rants and random thoughts which sometimes come out but I also help this helps you to understand what I go through, what other people go through on a daily basis but also if you are one of those people I hope this makes you feel like you're not alone. Follow me and comment if you like but most importantly enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am 54 and I have osteoarthritis and some rheumatoid. I sometimes find people don't understand the enormous effort it takes for me now to do everyday things. I hadn't heard of psoriatic arthritis, how does that affect you? I find winter the hardest for my joints and bones. Kind regards Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://itsallaboutgettingfromatob.blogspot.com/23 November 2011 at 06:58

    Hi Jane, thanks for reading the blog. The psoriatic arthritis affects all my joints, its an auto immune disease so my immune system attacks my joints and I struggle to fight off any other infections I get. I get so tired doing the simplest of tasks as they take so much effort. It really stops me doing a lot of things people my age would do but I try and stay positive and fight on as much as I can. Winter is definitely a struggle but i get flares ups in the summer months too. Its not nice and I wouldnt wish it on anyone but I know people have to deal with much worse in their life so I just tend to take it day by day. It can get frustrating especially how much thought has had to go into planning a family! x

    ReplyDelete